Friday, September 19, 2008

The Strike is Over, and it's a Birthday!

So, I don't have much fun and exciting news to report as now that we're coming up on the expansion slowly but surely the servers are thinning out. There is an idea that anything you do now will be obsolete in a few months, and so the population is scarce. However! This is the ideal time to... level alts!

Now I am not an altaholic like our lovely birthday girl(more on that later), but I do have a small army of very low level alts as I try to find the fit for my soul. I think I found something that can at least be a close second in my heart to my happy rogue. I'm playing a hunter. It's easy, which is a good incentive. Also, I don't die. Now that is rare for me, so oo and aah. And? I get a nifty pet. A fun and nifty pet. I am pleased.

So, as I restart my slow unhappy grind to 70, just so I can grind back to 80, I get to rediscover all the joys of leveling I forgot the first time. Hurrah. Really, it's exactly like the first time. With a few differences, like I know how little I know.

One thing I meant to blog about before and did not was my experiences playing WoW at the hospital. I was in for a simple gallbladder booboo and had internet. It was long and boring days, 6 o them to be exact, so I thought I would play me some WoW. At first I just did it when I was sure no one would notice, but by day 3, the nurses saw that I was playing a video game.

It was amazing.

THere were multiple nurses that played! And one in particular was talking to me all about how she played a rogue too, and what server she was on and the gear she was going for. Of course, I was secretly very pleased that she had not yet been in a clear Kara, and I had been to Hyjal, but I didn't express this secret joy. I was really only happy because for once in my life i could talk about a video game with another girl and we weren't just talkng about how cute Kirby was. Well, other than Sinead's lovely player. But she never ceases to surprise me. Or be smarter than me. In everything.

Speaking of her, did you hear it was her birthday? It is. Today is the day she becomes as ancient as I. And for a few months we can share our woe at the same age. Then I get older. So there is much happiness and love to be said to her. I hope she has a good one!

That's all for now, but there's a better post coming.

1 comment:

Bee Alisandre said...

You know why you're gall bladder had to be removed? It revolted against being trapped in someone so dorky that they'd play Warcraft in the hospital for all to see, that's why.

I know. I asked it.