Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Maintenance Day

My near-pathological breakneck leveling pace has been halted briefly by maintenance day. As Blizzard toils away on my realm (and I always, for some reason, envision that this process is somewhat similar to getting your house fumigated for pests, what with the being unable to go into for a certain period of time and patches tha fix bugs and all...but maybe that's just me), I'll take the time to reflect on Sinead's whirlwind tour1 of Azeroth so far.

Sometimes Azeroth seems like it's really in the Twilight Zone. I'm not talking about the inordinate number of zhevras that refuse to drop hooves (though they will kick the shit out of you with them) or the damaging effect the sheer number of predators in such close proximity to one another should have on the ecosystem. No, I'm talking about things like this:


It's half a cat! Sticking out of a mountain! The hell?! How did it get there? Where is it going - wait, can it even go anywhere? In the end, there's no answer to these questions, and you just have to saddle up and ride into the sunset.

I have to say that in leveling Sinead, I've learned a lot more about being dead. Don't get me wrong, I've died plenty of times on my alts, too, but this is (much to my chagrin, I remind you) a PVP server and the ganking is a constant danger. Long story short, after being ganked yet again - this time by a stealthed rogue who waited until I had a rock elemental down to around 15% health before leaping out and brutally killing me - I noticed that my ghost was emitting a weird sort of light.


See what I mean? I'm like a dead glowbug or something. It's actually kind of cool, and noticing it for the first time softened the ego blow of having been mercilessly ganked yet again.

Ok. I have one more for you, but I'm going to warn you now that it's...uh...not in the best of taste. Yeah, so, I was running around the badlands and turned to say something to Dani or Jon (the boyfriend) and when I turned back I realized that my elekk had gotten kind of hung up on a small tree. And the more I looked at it, the more it looked like the elekk was kind of humping the tree. Here, I made a video to show you what I mean:



See what I'm talking about? My mount is a total dendrophiliac! Wasn't expecting that, honestly, but hey, no judgment, right?

PS - we did something totally awesome, but as it was Dani's brainchild, I'm going to let her tell you all about it. Stay tuned!
__________________________________________________________________
1Ok, for some people out there in internetland, this may not actually constitute breakneck leveling speed. But for me it does, so make of that what you will.

No comments: