Wednesday, June 25, 2008

The Big 6-0

The only thing between me and level 70 is bigger badder space boars!

That's right, everybody, a few days ago I hit 60. Woo! Go me! I have to say though that as it takes longer and longer to level it's starting to feel more like I'm running in place than making progress.

In any case, a number of important changes have accompanied the journey to level 60. Sacrifices have been made. Around level 55, I respecced from Shadow to Smiter, and had to give up mind flaying and turning purple. It took me a little while to get the hang of it, but I'm liking the Smiter build a lot, and ultimately, I think what I miss most about Shadow is spirit tap....which I totally forgot to put talent points into while respeccing. I also replaced Whitemane's Chapeau, which I loved dearly.

Dani took me to the Dark Portal and showed me around Outlands

The biggest change, hands down, is moving to Outlands. Woo, Outlands! See, the thing is that I have read about Outlands a lot (because I read about warcraft a lot), but since I have not leveled a character past 40 up till now, I had played through any of it. The novelty of exploring the crazy weirdness of it is sweet, but probably better is that the drops and quest rewards as miles above anything I have been wearing. For example, I'm am currently wearing pants whose item level is 33....and until I hit Outlands, that was kind of the norm. Go go upgrades.

No comments: